Friday 2 December 2016

Its Finally done! The Bloggin Begins!

So I've finally gotten around to making the blog.  You may be wondering what this blog is for?  Well, I LOVE old items.  Carboots, skips, auctions, charity shops... even the ground we walk on is full of treasure that we can still learn from, use and cherish.


You may now be thinking, "Under the ground?! What is this crazy woman talking about?" Well my degree was in Archaeology and I worked in it for a while (including a couple of stints on the infamous 'Time Team').  So it turns out, I have found quite a lot of 'treasure' in muddy holes in fields!  These days I mainly concentrate on slightly warmer and cleaner means of finding my treasure!  I have an Etsy shop that I have been running for the past year which I thoroughly enjoy, its becoming more a full time thing now which I'm thrilled about.  Id really love for you to check my store out as I have got some amazing Christmas stock in, loads of items would make lovely and unique gifts.  Why buy a generic high street store item when you can rehome some treasure eh?!  MY STORE


Found anything you like? I hope so.  Sharing these items, pairing them with new loving owners and ultimately saving a lot from landfill is a huge part of the joy of doing this.  I see so many beautiful and functional items that are discarded or undervalued because they aren't appreciated, they aren't in fashion, they don't match the new carpet, etc.  It really annoys me.  In an overpopulated world and consumer society we should be taking more care with re-purposing, recycling and re-loving our old items instead of simply getting rid of them.


Hopefully over the next few blogs I will be sharing with you interesting bits of information I find out.  This passion is really something where you are learning new things all of the time.  Plus I will share any extra cool items I come across, tips for cleaning things, my general moaning about stuff: Like my store, it will be a weird, eclectic yet interesting mix of 'stuff' that I hope someone out there will appreciate and love.  There is always that one special item for everyone.


Ciao for now,  I have treasure to list in the store.


Ignis.





No comments:

Post a Comment